Due to continued growth and potential, there is an immediate opportunity on our Sales Team for an experienced Outside Sales Engineer.
The Outside Sales Engineer will work under direction from our Business Development Manager, utilizing existing skills while constantly expanding in the ability to service clients’ needs. In this position, you will be involved in all facets of the sales process including prospecting, relationship development, value determination through problem/need identification, quoting and account management. You must be able to discuss commercial and technical issues and develop solutions with engineers, purchasing and executives. Your activities will be heavily weighted toward your knowledge of engineering coupled with your ability to develop a relationship with and service existing and new customers.
- True desire to apply technology to help clients solve manufacturing problems and streamline operations
- Gather details about customer’s needs and then match appropriate solutions
- Quickly evaluate situations and determine overall feasibility for the Company to provide a solution
- Identify successful applications and identify other potential clients who could benefit from similar solutions
- Gather technical information and use resources, both internal and external, to develop work scope(s) and equipment lists to drive towards an overall solution
- Continually gauge customer satisfaction among project stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with internal sales, sales manager, and vendors
- Prepare and present technical presentations and reports for internal and external consumption
- Build and maintain relationships with people in a variety of professional situations
- Document job-related activities including day-to-day call reports as well as workflow and documents for complete opportunity and client management
- Simultaneously balance multiple opportunities through the entire development cycle
- Develop formal proposals
- Assist with functional description development for sales-related tool development including demonstration systems/software, proposal automation tools, and activity tracking modifications to Company’s customer relationship management system
- Ability to evaluate a market, either geographically or vertically, and identify trends and opportunities within those markets for the purposes of penetrating, maintaining, and growing business within
- Travel domestically for sales-related activities such as sales meetings, trade shows, and training
- Handle sensitive information in a proper manner
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Formal training in or experience with technical equipment and/or software systems in either sales or technical capacity
- Excellent listening and organizational skills, physical and electronic
- Excellent presentation skills, communication, and computer skills
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions. No restrictions on possession of US Passport
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to take direction from others
- Ability to prepare technical proposals. Minimum must have developed formal documents using MS Word and Excel. Bonus: Experience with CRM software
- Experience doing technical research:
- Experience researching criteria and selecting component parts using catalogs
- Experience researching technical information on the internet
- Experience dealing with distributor or vendor sales reps
**If the applicant has experience with Cranes and Crane Automation in the industrial environment that is a huge benefit**
Attributes for Success:
- Executes: Action orientated, efficient, set clear goals, follows through, and focuses on results
- Self-starter: Self-motivated with energy and drive; willing to make decisions and take action
- Drives change: Detail oriented with a focus on constant improvement to derive results
- Is flexible and adapts quickly
- Thinks broadly: Insightful and looks for ways to incorporate new, improved thinking in client processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skillset
- Leadership qualities, including relationship building, meeting facilitation, time management, organizational skills, and ability to influence others.
Benefits include: Competitive compensation packages, medical coverage, dental, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, 401 (k), numerous continuing education opportunities, and an enthusiastic and collaborative work environment.
Since 1987, Trutegra’s team has been creating cost-effective, ﬂexible, efﬁcient solutions from simple panel design and assembly to complex turnkey systems for a wide variety of industries and applications. As a full-service integrator with an in-house UL-certiﬁed panel shop and complete CAD capabilities, they are proﬁcient in all major control platforms, PLC, HMI/SCADA systems, software languages, communication networks, drive systems, and industrial implementation. All electrical and instrumentation packages are designed for safety, quality, functionality, maintainability and constructability. Trutegra is a uniquely positioned systems integrator with a special focus on Crane and Hoist applications across all industries. Trutegra is one of two companies that is a Certified Crane Solution Partner with Siemens in North America. Lifting and positioning applications are at the core of our expertise. Automation of Cranes and Hoists requires special expertise in a variety of safety, design, mechanical, and operational considerations. This is where Trutegra excels above other integrators. We provide automation for existing systems, upgrades of old technology, and turnkey installations of new equipment and controls.